Objective 1: Improve the resiliency and health of existing businesses.
Partners: ARDORs, Local municipalities and chambers of commerce.
Resources: Executive Pulse software system, DED training program.
- Continue and expand the DED’s Business Retention & Expansion program.
Objective 2: Create new statewide coordination mechanisms for economic and business development.
Partners: Statewide private sector businesses, ARDORs, AIDEA, International Economic Development Council (IEDC), University of Alaska Business Enterprise Institute, DED.
Resources: EDA, DED, AIDEA, private sector businesses.
- Convene statewide business leaders to gauge desire for new statewide business development group or entity that remains consistent through political changes.
- Assess the potential for different statewide economic development models, such as business roundtables, public-private partnerships, state corporations, and others.
- Host economic development training events and venues for sharing of best practices.
- Provide a centralized source of resources and technical assistance that community and economic development organizations throughout the state can utilize for sustainability and growth.
- Expand a nimble network-based approach to economic and community development through frameworks such as Strategic Doing and Collective Impact.